Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Call of Spirits (and Heads)


I sat down and leveled my shaman today. Well, when I say leveled, I mean I queued her over and over for a random dungeon and got two levels hammered out. The shaman is one of those classes where you truly have to be thinking about what you're doing, your totems, your weapon buffs, your shield. I queue for both DPS and healing, and I always forget ONE of those, no matter how hard I try to remember. I've been running through Scarlet Monastery Library with the off feeling that I've forgotten something and perhaps if I tied a string to my finger I might remember what it was. Usually as I level, I have an idea of what I want to do the character when I get to 80. Ravindra will heal, VigdĂ­s will tank, etc. This one...I don't know. I really don't know.

Curious thing that happened today. When it comes to Scarlet Monastery in the LFG system, you only have to suffer the Graveyard until level 31, whereupon they congratulate you on surviving the grind of hell and present to you the Library. Not today, however. I was inches from 33 and I STILL kept getting the Graveyard. Over and over. With others that were 31+. I wanted to cry each and every time. That is the problem with leveling six characters between 31-42: you become fucking sick of the four or five dungeons that are available.

Daze's Saturday night raid was a flop tonight. Both tanks afk, a mage MIA....It was one of those tragic nights where groups can't seem to form and even if they did, the regulars were already depressed about the number of absences. For a group that raids once a week, we really can't afford this.

1 comment:

  1. Although that is true, good came of it seeing as how Nevarcien was able make some progress with a guild in ICC25 and ended up with experience, a shiny new 264 cloak, and probability of being on the pug list for fill-ins

    ReplyDelete