Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Modern Marvels - Video Games: Behind the Fun

I found this documentary on Netflix a while back, but I never bothered to watch it until today. I guess I reached that level of boredom after finishing up Guarding Tess. Anyway, it was very long just, just a mere 50 minutes. It was like a very quick overview of the history of video games, nothing in depth. It only went up to 2000 so nothing was truly relevant. If it detailed how games are now, that would be a bit more interesting, particularly since games (and computers) have come so far.

I'd like to see, in an updated version, the show cover World of Warcraft and the Sims, at least. World of Warcraft is legendary in popularity. 

And the Sims I'd like to see just because the game engine is so cool. When I made Sims for my friends in the Sims 3, I tried to give them true to life personalities. So, when I put Mouse, Ith, and myself into a house and saw how they interacted, I was floored. The first thing Ith's Sim did was go and scare mine (he's like this in real life, taunting me the way a tank taunts a boss, etc.). When my Sim was bored, she paused and then thought, "I will go yell at Ith," and she did! It blew my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment