Monday, July 5, 2010

The War Goddess


The name Vigdís is "derived from the Old Norse elements víg 'war' and dís 'goddess'." (behindthename.com) I'm not one for paladins. In fact, were it up to me, they'd never heal again. Tank healing is severely unbalanced right now and paladin healing is just ridiculous. But that's just my opinion as a Discipline Priest. Anyway, I rolled a paladin purely for tanking. And finding tanking jobs is a LOT easier now with the LFG system. I remember being so excited for level 20 because I was waiting for all those tanking goodies before actually setting foot in Deadmines. A few weeks later, the LFG system appeared and getting groups was SO much easier.

I've done a LOT of dungeons in the 30s. With the level range of my current alts, I think you can all believe me when I say I'm sick and tired of the Scarlet Monastery. I've tanked it, DPS'd it, healed it. Over and over and over. But in all my level 30 dungeons, I have yet to find a tank that looks quite as badass as Vigdís here. She's rocking heirloom shoulders and chest, plenty of LFG random rewards, a Hulking Shield, and Blade of the Basilisk. I admit to paying 60g for the sword on the Auction House. It's justified because Vig's coolness rating needs to be so high and because the axe she's been using is from the Deadmines. I don't really quest, I just do dungeons with her. She'll have it a decently long time. And it's just so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment